1) Kiteboarding SafetyKiteboarding is a dangerous sport. Taking lessons will familiarize you with the safety aspects of the sport and how your equipment works. Knowing this means a safer experience for yourself and those around you.
2) Jumpstart your learning experienceWhy take months to learn kiteboarding when you can be up and riding in as quick as a few hours? The quickest way to get on the water is to invest in kiteboarding lessons. Kiteboarding instructors use proved teaching methods that will get you on the water in no time.
3) Save Money on Kiteboarding GearA kiteboarding rig can cost anywhere from $2000 and upwards. That's a lot of money to spend if you're not sure if this sport is for you. Kiteboarding lessons could cost in the region of $150, which is cheap in comparison to spending $2000. Taking kiteboarding lessons will give you an idea of if the sport is for you or not.
4) Trash someone else's gearThe first few hours on a kite you are sure to give your kite a decent beating as you will be dropping it constantly. If you take lessons you get to use school equipment, which means you don't have to worry about dropping the kite.
5) Meet other kiteboardersThere's nothing more intimidating than starting a new sport without knowing anyone. Kiteboarding schools are a great place to meet other beginners just like you. Meet other beginners and practice kiteboarding with them once you're done with the lessons.
6) Get cheaper kite gearMost kiteboarding schools have great beginners packages available to students. These packages are often way cheaper than what you will find at a normal kiteboarding shop.
7) KnowledgeYou didn't think you can start kiteboarding by reading your kite manual or browsing the net did you? No book or site can replace one on one instruction. Kiteboarding lessons will teach you valuable knowledge such as how to rig your lines, how to self launch your kite, how to relaunch your kite, how to kite safely, how to go upwind, etc.
8) Learn in safe conditionsIf you start by yourself you will have no idea what kind of condtions are safe to learn in. How would you know if the wind is too strong, or even how to read the wind? Your kiteboarding instructor will take you to a beginner-safe beach that will make your learning experience safe and pleasant.
9) Try out different gearMost kiteboarding shops have a huge range of kiteboarding gear that is ready to try. Taking a kiteboarding lesson will give you the opportunity to try a wide range of kite gear before you buy.
10) Peace of mindTaking kiteboarding lessons means a kiteboarding instructor is there to help when you need help. If you drop your kite or loose your board they'll be there to help.